  From: Tim Krause
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:09 AM
  Subject: Re: Shipping a LOM and/or Heavy accessories

  I saw a machine on ebay that had a shipping calculator.  To ship a 1200 it
was a little over $500.  I have no idea if the owner has to build a pallet and
get the machine to a terminal for that price.  I don't think shipping companies
would actually wrap something for you.  Then of course there is the issue of
having a forklift to receive the machine.  I do know that I've picked up large
machines at the freight terminals since I did not have a loading dock or
forklift where the machine was ultimately going.  Apparently beer and pizza was
not enough to coax friends into lifting 3000 lbs either.  Go figure :-).  At
the terminal the company loaded the machine on my flatbed with no complaints.