Tim, yes I did use a straight cutting bit to remove the center wood
first. The router is the standard PC set-up. I purchased it with the
mill so I'm not sure how many miles were on it before I got it. It
does have a fair bit of play in it. I could make the photos larger, I
was just trying to limit the KB size. I'll resize and send.
Curt, the other photos are on the other message a little further down.
Yes, I did put a routed edge on the top. Roman Ogee on the top piece
and a cove on the bottom.