I have a lot of thoughts but it comes down to one question.  How tight do you
want the fit to be? Would a really loose sliding fit work?  Can you get away
with a .010 gap or a little more on the dovetails?  More details later tonight.

  From: Andy
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:31 AM
  Subject: sliding dove tails on the mill

  Okay, I have a desire to try this on my mill. I've read that it can only be
reasonably achieved using a CNC. However. I think if you somehow used a
dovetail jig (i was thinking the portercable dovetail jig because that's what i
have) to properly space the cuts and offset the 2 pieces so you cut both at the
same time, it could be done.

  Anyone have any thoughts/recommendations? Anyone try something like this
before?