What is the purpose of such a design? Is it just to show off capabilities or
is there a practical use?

  _____

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:31 AM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: sliding dove tails on the mill

Okay, I have a desire to try this on my mill. I've read that it can only be
reasonably achieved using a CNC. However. I think if you somehow used a
dovetail jig (i was thinking the portercable dovetail jig because that's
what i have) to properly space the cuts and offset the 2 pieces so you cut
both at the same time, it could be done.

Anyone have any thoughts/recommendations? Anyone try something like this
before?