My wood chuck is so old it was before pictures
On 11/28/2012 11:48 PM, Tim Krause wrote:
Hi Mike,
Your machine is exactly the case in point where the manual makes things much more complicated than it needs to be. Three charts and a picture diagram just to figure out what you need? WTF! Writing the pitches on the gears is yet another great tip. It means more than A-G or 1-9 or whatever one might come up with. Frankly I don't like doing math at all and I'm glad the gear label is on the headstock, nothing beats a picture!

    *From:* Okla Mike (Liltwisted) <mailto:legacym...@iglide.net>
    *To:* legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:31 PM
    *Subject:* Re: Fun with Numbers and the Gear Sets

    I like just doing the math once.  Here is a picture of the gears I
    have .25, .50, standard, and the X2 sets.  I have 9 drive gears as
    well.  You can see in the pictures I listed the drive gear 1-9 and
the the corresponding pitch that is capable with that gear set. It will keep you from passing a brain stone every time you try to
    get a Lil twisted (lol)

    Mike