To: <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:10 PM
Subject: RE: Rail lubricant

Hey Curtis,
I have already taken apart the sled and squared it up, which helped tremendously. I think my issue now is that the long rails are slightly out of parallel. I also discovered that on the tail end, one of the elevator pivots is coming loose. That is what caused the initial twisting of the rails. Hopefully, once I fix that it will be better. But I may have to check that they are parallel over the full run. We've talked a bit about this before, but when I disassembled the sled and put it back together, I snugged that "T" glide over against the rail to prevent twisting of the sled. In doing so, I created a lot of friction. There will always be some give and take in that respect. You can make the sled very secure with little to no unwanted motion, but it will make the sled difficult to slide. Likewise, I can invite slight movement of the sled to free up ease of motion, but it will allow some inaccuracies when cutting. I just haven't had the time to do a proper setup. But, I can say that the silicone lubricant I got from work made a huge difference. I can also say that my sled still doesn't slide as easily as, it appears it should, in the Legacy videos on their website.

Brandon

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Legacy Ornamental Mills" group. To post to this group, send email to legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to legacy-ornamental-mills+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/legacy-ornamental-mills?hl=en.