1/2-10 tpi acme is very common here in the states.  A tap will cost around
$45.  20 turns per inch sounds like a lot of winding to me.  I was not
concerned about the strength of the thread, but how the weight can affect
the screw.

From: "Bill Bulkeley" <bulke...@mmnet.com.au>
To: <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 2:43 AM
Subject: RE: Shop made Z-axis

The weight is not an issue if you worried about the thread being strong
enough to lift the router you just use a longer lead screw nut
Thus using more thread to achieve the same strength and a metal nut. I went
with a cast iron nut with mild steel leadsrew 1/2 inch dia unf 20tpi  but
that was what I had in the shop
it worked well to stop the vibration movement. but it was not a split nut I
think I would go a bit larger in dia if I had used a leadscrew nut in halves
and 20 turns per inch of travel i think it was is slow but that wouldn’t
matter with a split nut you could just disengage for the longer distances of
travel