okay, just removed my router and all relevant parts and it weighed in at 38
lbs...i'll just round that off to 40 lbs...so now the plan is to use some
1/4" X 2" X 10" flat steel bars, approximately 26-28 pieces, hanging on the
back side of the "Z" carriage, behind the router, in a steel carrier...this
will give me a "brick" of steel 10" wide, 2" thick by 6 1/2"-7" high, that
will weigh 40 lbs +/-...this will also allow me to add and remove bars as
necessary, to either perfectly balance the router and make it virtually
weightless or give the router a bit of downward force, whatever is better
for any particular job...planning to set up some very small roller chain
and chain sprockets to link the router assembly to the counter
weight...this will allow the counter weight to remain level at all
times...also considering some white delrin material to keep the counter
weight from bouncing around...have begun ordering some items for this mod
so i guess you could say this project is in the works...let the ball
breaking begin!...LOL!...joe