Pretty Slick! I missed your split collar/bearing concept the other day, But now
I see what you were talking about. Next the template follower! ( I cant wait!)
Keep up the good work Joe.

From: "'joe biunno' via Legacy Ornamental Mills"
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:17:46 PM
Subject: Re: "Z" axis template follower

today's progress...and hey curtis, bearing set up, as you inquired about...set
up the 1/8" metal as i described previously...all went as planned...two pieces
of 1 1/2" that slid into the legacy rail and some 1" to "box" it out, so to
speak...welded the split collars to this assembly...held in place with one
1/4-20 set screw...easily removable...the split collar holds the bearing, which
has a flange on it...slid the 5/8" shaft in with the chain sprockets...some
5/8" shaft collars on the end and all is in place and working as it
should...moved the acme thread assembly to the front side of the router
carriage(originally was on the back side) as the acme rod was right where the
shaft for the chain sprockets wanted to be...this was not such a bad thing as
the linear bearing rails and carriages had pushed the carriage outward...just a
couple of black spacer blocks did the job...just need to now set up the chains
and this mod will be done...some minor additions will follow later, like an arm
to control the router carriage's up and down movement when following a
pattern...an arm to extend outward on the backside of the "Z" axis that will
have the capability of holding various diameters of small bearings that will
ride on any pattern/template... and some type of brackets that will hold the
template onto the mill itself...these brackets will have adjusters built into
them to set up a template precisely...hope to make a video of all this
soon...waiting for spielberg to return my call...as always, all comments
welcome...joe