Hello Dewell
the reeding and fluting bits are for cutting from the side or the work piece,
What is really Kool about these bits is they will follow a couture of the
spindle making some very nice effects to what would be a ordinary turning. (the
bits must cut at the center line of the spindle.) You can use the bearing, but
if your not careful, the bearing could fall into an all ready made cut, ruining
the work piece, When I cut reeds or flutes where this might happen, I like to
use a template so there is not chance of this mistake happening.
The core box bit can be used for lots of things, first off to cut a grove in
two pieces of wood, and then gluing the pieces together, this will make a hole
in the middle or a glue up turning. this hole could be used for hollow spindle
turning, or a way to add a lamp cord through post... also a core box bit can be
very handy for flat work pieces, like trays or boxes.
The 900 is a descent machine, Do you have a motor control? (the motor really
adds a lot the Legacy) When I bough my 1000, I did not buy the motor, But after
a while I started to relies what I was missing out on.So I made my own, And I
can tell you first hand the motor is a must for anyone who wants to get the
most out of there machines.

I hope this helps you out? I highly recommend to play with your Legacy a lot
before you start trying to make nice idioms, Use fire wood, or old construction
material's, Why spend good money on wood that most likely will end up in the
waist bin. Think of it as SAW DUST Therapy ;-) (remove the wood chips and see
what's there.)
Play, Enjoy, and Learn form what you do. is the best way to get the most out of
,your time spent. And then post pictures So others here can learn form you too.
;-)
Have a good night.
Talk to you, and all latter.