Where are you stuck?  What kind of motor are you using?  In general terms a
speed control includes a transformer to drop your house voltage to run the
motor.  Legacy then used a limit switch to break the connection to the motor.
They added an override switch to close the limit switch connection so you can
back off the limit switch.  A dpst switch is used to control the direction of
the motor.  It simply swaps the leads to the motor to change the direction.  Of
course this only works on DC motors.

More general conversation about various speed controls.  More advanced speed
controllers use relays to change the motor directions and they have limit
switch inputs to stop the motor.  These are much safer than the simple method
that legacy used.  For our simple application, simple is not bad.

Finally, if you are not sure how you need to wire your motor, please seek the
advice of a professional.  That is what help I can offer you at the moment.

-TIM

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​