Stop build it then fix any issues as they happen I think, a plunge router on a
Z axis is needed if it’s a tilting router on the Z axis

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of artmarb...@comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, 9 May 2020 2:58 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Question on the Legacy's Z axis

Hi Bob,

Have you tried looking at the top-hat bushings? They can be rotated to another
spot and they will be like brand new.

To all,

Their were 3 designs that I’m aware of.  The last design did have a plunge rod
like the plunge routers to help with the plunge problem.

Another more frequently written about is how the first version, there is a stop
on the left side. In use, it is driven down by the power of the acme thread and
that causes the router to plunge deeper.  For that a showed an example rework
of the stop.  It’s somewhere buried in the old messages. It’s probably in 2012.

I’ve never seen anyone use a plunge router in a z-axis design. I’ve thought
about it and I think it’s not needed.

Sitting in my shop there are parts for a z-axis for the newer style machines,
but I’ve not finished the design yet. Curt keeps nudging with new ideas, and at
some point you just need to freeze a design and build it.  Fix any issues on
the next one and hopefully the third one will work!

-Tim