Hello Again Tim.
The beauty of this jig. is you can drill any size hole,  Most pen turning kits
use some type of brass rod, you can use your collet chuck and drill out any
size hole you need, then putting a dowel or another rod in the V block will
make sure everything is set properly for what ever size disk you want to make.I
do like the barrel trimer inside the diamond hole saw, it speeds things up
greatly for me.  What I do it drill/flatten with the barrel trimmer, one side
of the bone disk only, and then drill out the disk all together with another
hole saw of the same size as the barrel trimer, the sanding will flatten the
other side, this method gives me a thickest disk possible (form the bone I'm
cutting.) One side is flat, (giving me  a flat to put against the V block.)
Sanding takes seconds to do,   Bone sands so quickly its scary, compared to the
way it cuts. (which is MUCH slower.)
I have to get to work now.
Have a good day. (I will be back at "O"Dark hundred/ Midnight. )  ;-)
C.A.G.
    On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 11:04:27 AM EDT, Tim Ziegler