-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jenny M
Benson
Sent: 23 June 2006 11:10
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How do you record someone acting as a witness?
Changes in County boundaries?

Carol wrote
>I know this is a sore spot for many users, but how do you record the
>fact that someone acted as a witness on a deed or a will?

I haven't come to entering precisely that type of witness yet, but I
have recorded a few instances of people being witnesses at weddings.

In those cases, I use an Event named Witness (can't remember now if that
is a standard Legacy one or if I added it) and in Description I write
something like "Marriage of John Smith RIN to Jane Brown RIN."

In the case of someone witnessing, say, a Will, I would use the Event
Name Witness and Event Description would be "Will of John Smith [RIN]".
(In that case I've put [RIN] because John Smith may or may not be an
individual in my Family File.)

Date and Place would, of course, be the date and location when/where the
witnessing took place.
--