The Preposition you tie to a given location will be used when you use "that and only that" location. That is why I said you would need a second location of New York, one with the preposition as probably and one without. When you use the second copy of New York for those people who you "know" were there their reports would use the standard "in" and those where you use the version with the preposition of probably will use that preposition.

Sorry! I just found the above will not work. I tried to make two copies of a location name and Legacy went automatically to a merge duplicate locations screen. It looks like you are not allowed to have two locations with exactly the same name and different prepositions. You will have to make some slight change in the way you name the second New York to use that work around. That makes it easier to pick the right one from the list anyway.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

frankanedc wrote:
Thanks for the try, Brian, but I think that would be messy. Then I would be entering "city, county, state" for location, whether it is a probable location or a specific location, and they would all print out "probably city, county, state" Also, you wouldn't see the probably in the individual view, only when printing a report. You really need to be able to remove any and all prepositions. Or else, I suppose I could put in "city, county, state probably" and then the "in" wouldn't look so bad.

Frances

Brian wrote:
Did you try using probably as the preposition? I tried that and the probably stuck. Then you would need two different New York's one with probably and one with in as the prepositions. I did not go on to see how you would pick them out when entering locations though.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

frankanedc wrote:
I am trying to do some chronology reports. Some of my locations are entered as "probably New York" etc. It comes out in the reports as "in probably New York" I have gone to the Master Location List and tried to edit the probable locations by removing the preposition but it keeps popping back in. What do I have to do to get rid of the preposition?

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp