________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nicholas
Cirillo
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:46 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Making a backup of my family file

I presume you can then pick up these files and attach to an e-mail and send
to oneself for storage off site at the e-mail provider.
Nick Cirillo

Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I don't understand why you'd use a gedcom instead of doing a backup
of the
        Family File? The backup includes (most) all the ancillary files that
are
        created when you're working with Legacy in the Family File including
your
        focus group and merge in process. You should also do a multimedia
backup to
        protect your multimedia files that you have linked to in Legacy.

        Also, make sure you backup the .igi file in the Legacy\Data folder -
that
        holds your IGI matches, the .ppl file, which is the potential
problems list
        you've created and the .rgd file which holds your work with the
Research
        Guidance. It's on the list of the things to do for the programmers
        include these files in the backup so in the meantime, you'll need to
        remember to save those!

        Thanks for using Legacy.

        Sherry
        Customer Support
        Millennia Corporation
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

        We are changing the world of genealogy!

        When replying to this message, please include all previous
correspondence.
        Thanks.