Thing is, this list is not about what does or does not constitute genealogy/family history. It's about software and how to help others use it to accomplish what they want it to do. I don't recall seeing a disclaimer that said that Legacy could only be used for recording genealogy and not family history.

Interesting that whenever somebody posts a question about how to use Legacy to record an adopted child, a second marriage or witnesses at a wedding - none of which have anything to do with genetics or biology - you don't have people getting up on a soapbox about how 'genealogy is all about genes'. It only seems to happen when somebody asks about how best to record a same-sex marriage.....

C.G. Ouimet wrote:

The first point is that there is nothing wrong with genealogy and family history.

The second point is that one cannot pretend to be the other.

In my "opinion" family history is the documentory of events, influences and circumstances that occur along the genetic path that deliveres all of us.