Maybe this will help.

I had the identical problem with another program (last year's Turbo Tax) and it was quite frustrating. The solution turned out that this happened if your browser was set to "ask" if you would allow cookies. If it was set to accept or do not accept cookies, it was fine, but if it was set to ask you first, the update stalled because it was waiting for your answer which did not appear within the program's browser. Turbo Tax's interim solution was to have you download the update manually and install it that way - till they finally figured out what was causing it.

Maybe it is a similar problem.

Jeff
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:04 AM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Update Installation

Richard, Glen, Laurence and Jane,
Thank you all very much for your suggestions. I was very patient and tried
several more times and waited over an hour each time and the installation was
still at 0%. I talked with the gentlemen who helps me locally when I have
computer problems. He seems to think the problem is "Dial Up Connection" and the fact I am attempting to down-load and install all the updates at one time (to bring the original 6.0 Deluxe program up to the 6.0.0.110 status. I never
had the problem when I would do each update as they came along.
It appears my answer may be to switch to High Speed Internet. I guess I need
to "get with" progress.
Thanks again for your suggestions and help.
Ruth G. Mohr

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp