Lloyd, I am not fully clear as to what you are saying but may I initially clarify one or two points. It is not necessary to put your pictures in the Picture folder in Legacy (although apart from taking up more memory, if you don't delete the originals, there is nothing wrong with doing this.) Secondly Legacy only remembers the path as to where the pictures are and finally the Picture List only shows those pictures which have been linked to a person or event etc.

This only leads to four possibilities:
1) the path is incorrect
2) the file name is incorrect
3) the picture is not linked to anything
4) the picture isn't in the folder

If 2) and 4) are correct, as you say, then the problem would seem to be either 1) or 3), so the first thing I would do is to check that the picture is linked to something.

There is one remote possiblity that I have come across and that is that the file extension is incorrect ie the extension given in the name is wrong. You can check this by trying to open the picture in Irfan View which will tell you if this is the case. (other programs may also do this but I don't know of one.)

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*New Blogs: UK Civil Registration Timeline*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/