To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Which files do I back up?

When you run Legacy's backup, as far as I know, it
does all data files needed. Never had a problem. Send
the whole backup, as a zip. When I backed up to my old
CD burner I learned it could not handle 100Mg disks.
If you are concerned, run the standard backup, then
restore to another place. Once convinced, delete the
test one. I also didn't trust it at first.
Rich

--- Elaine O'Neill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have been through the archives and did not find
the answer to my
specific question.  I don't know if I'm just not
using the right
criteria or if I'm simply missing something.  This
is a very basic
question and I'm sure the answer is somewhere, I
just haven't found
it.

Anyway, I finally got a new CD burner (my other one
wouldn't recognize
any disks) and I want to back my family files up on
a regular basis.
My question is WHICH files do I back up to maintain
current backups of
my family files?  Do I just back up the zip files?
Do I back up
everything in my C:/Legacy/Data folder?  Or do I
back up both?  I'm
relatively new to Legacy after using FamilyTreeMaker
for years.  FTM
didn't make zip files, and it was easy to tell the
correct files to
back up.  I'm just a bit confused and don't want to
miss anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Elaine O'.

To find past messages, please go to our searchable
archives at:

To unsubscribe please visit:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp