From: Cathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Which files do I back up?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 07:40:51 +0800

Hi Ron,
Settings isn't a default folder - unless it's very recently been introduced. It's one you've chosen to create to save Report Settings etc.
I also have created a folder but mine is called Report Options ;-)

When you are saving report or web page options, like in all save dialogues, you have the choice of where you save them. It's a good idea to create a special folder so that they are easily backed up. Also give the files a useful name so it's easy to choose which one to load.

I have Karen's Replicator set up to save my .usr files (along with bits and pieces from other programs) to my Backup folder - which I then backup to my external hard drive and periodically cut to CD. Like all settings, the .usr files can be recreated but it takes time going through Options > Customise etc.

Other "settings" you might want to backup are Colour Schemes you've created.

Cheers,
Cathy