Goodness! I did not mean to cause any ruckus by asking about foster children. These boys, who are now grown men, were very much loved by Uncle Chris and his wife. Olivene was very disappointed that she could never have any biological children so she focused all of her love and attention on George and Allan Krienke. They were very much family, not just part time children. Allan was the informant on Chris's death certificate, which means that he was as much a son as a biological one. Both men lived in the Bellingham/Seattle areas in Washington. I believe in following rules in keeping the genealogy accurate and up to date for future generations. But rules can be changed and adapted. My husband has had adopted children in a couple of past marriages. He loved them as if they were his own. So why do they get to be on the family list and not foster children? I love doing the genealogy on our families and learning as much about the country as the people. But when it gets to be a pain about strict rules that one has to follow it is not fun.

From: "Anne Hildrum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Fw: [LegacyUG] Foster children
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:13:00 +0100

Hehe Paul,

I bet most Norwegians would have no idea what you meant with
having a Mammy.

I think if and if so how you list her would be very much up to you.
I bet it would be interresting for your grandchildren and descendants further
down the line to hear about her. In a way if you talk about Really "Real"
blood relationships, one thing you can't prove it by birthrecords nor bibles. It indicates that it is right, but again without a DNA you never really can be sure.

With including anybody who makes us who we are, meaning family, yep I am
sure your Mammy is quite a bit a part of who you are, and had I had one
like it I might have included her in my story. I wouldn't have included her
family unless they also were like family to me.

Sure she is not your family genealogically speaking, but sure part of it family wise..

Anne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul C. Abell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>