To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 2:00 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Foster children

In my case, I use the rules I learned to write term
papers etc. in high school, and added to it from
discusssion like this. I have not bought the books
that are mentioned on and off, so I don't remember the
names. I also have a rule that I try to fill each
field in each person with something 'valid'. If I
don't have an exact date, I put an about, and put in
my notes, the facts I do have. I have 2 generic
sources. 1. 'IGI' aka FamilySearch. If it is a
partial, I mention what was there. 2 'My guesses'
which tells me I could find no better than someone
else's guess, so I KNOW how vuague the facts are. For
locations I have USA, Canada and Europe as well as
individual countries, with no more detail. these are
sourced under MY GUESSES. This way, if I find
something at a library, I can see at a glance that any
real date is better than my guess. If these are rigid
rules than I guess I have them. I don't worry about
the rules about italics, and the printed format. When
I get ready to print a book, I may regret this
atitude, but I have photocopies of front pages of all
source books, so IF needed, I can create them.
Rich

3:22 PM

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***