Thanks for the tip, Glen. I will do that. It wont take up as much
room either. I had forgotten that Legacy would not run on a flash
drive so THANKS for reminding me. That will still work and I can
then put the program on her computer. She never uses the PC, just
her laptop and the kids use the PC for homework and I wont even
have to connect to her slow internet service.

About the backups off-site: I have a CD at a friends house and
also send the backup zip files to myself at my gmail e-mail
address once a month. Yes, I know, I am paranoid. I may loose all
my printed copies, genealogy books and CDs to a fire or flood but
at least my data will be somewhere - as long as the internet
doesn't disappear.

Myrna

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***