-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David S
Brookes
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 4:01 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Transfer files between computers.

Hi Ron/Sherry,

The way I have always understood things is that the Legacy6Setup.exe is the
file that installed and built the programme on the computer.  Therefore if
you save this file, this will enable you to install/build the programme
again is for some reason the programme folder was completely deleted from
your computer.  Am I right?

If so, that brings me to updates.  If we update for e.g from .117 to .118
and we do so from 'within Legacy', in other words with the programme open (I
know it shuts down the programme once the process has started etc) does the
update provide a new Legacy6Setup.exe file (which is in any case in the
Legacy programme folder) or does it update the individual components of the
folder/registry without touching the LegacySetup?  If you look at the
LegacySetup properties it always shows as File Version 6.0.0.0.  I would
have expected it to read 6.0.0.118.?

If you then save the Legacy6Setup to flash after having 'downloaded' .118
and find you need to reinstall the programme or install on a different
computer, will it install 6.0.0.0 or 6.0.0.118 or do you need to copy the
whole Legacy folder to get .118?

Hope this makes some sense!!

Best wishes

David

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***