Hello listers,
    This is a new subject. Is anyone having problems exporting to
a GEDCOM file??
    I just finished adding 2 more generations (data from England
on Ancestry). I ran the "Potential Problems" report and made the
needed changes until there were no more problems, ran "file
maintenance", saved and backed up to zip, double checked to be
sure the new data was ok. THEN, I went to 'file', 'export', then
exported to gedcom for Ancestry. I thought I followed all the
instructions (it has been a while since I updated to Ancestry)
but it would not load from within Legacy. So, I exported to
GEDCOM 5.5 then went to Ancestry and tried to upload within the
program. That did not work either. I tried to export to a GEDCOM
5.5 file again and open it in Legacy. THAT DID NOT WORK EITHER.
It hung up in Legacy.
    I do have the latest version of Legacy. Everything seems to
be working fine in the program since updating and I checked a few
of the new families and they seem to be okay. I did NOT try
running any reports because all I wanted to do was update my tree
on Ancestry. Anyone have ANY idea what is happening to my GEDCOM
files?
Thanks,
Myrna

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***