Robert,
In point #2 it should read: yellow for mother's mother.

On 1/9/07, Robert Carneal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You might have skipped a step. You turned on ancestor color-coding correctly
evidently, but let's try this:
1. Go to the person you want the color-coding to begin with. Normally, this
is you, but can be anyone.
2. By default, Legacy presets the colors as Blue for father's father, Green
for father's mother, Red for mother's father, and yellow for mother's
father. If you like those colors, fine, do nothing in this step. However, if
you do not like those colors, go to: Options >> Customize >> View tab, and
click on "Change" for Ancestor Color Coding. Select the colors you do want,
and save.
3. After you do that, one more step. Go back to Options >> Customize >> View
tab (where you were before), and check "Display custom generation line
colors on screen."

At this point, you should be able to go back as far as your database goes.

Note that if your GGGrandfather has a sister, she is probably uncolored. She
is not a direct line ancestor of yours, so the colors will not be seen.
Similarly, your half sister or half brother will not have a color applied to
them even if you have the same parent. They are not direct line ancestors.
My father's brother's children are not colored. They are not my ancestors!

Now, if I could just figure out a way to make my relationship errors *blink*
when I make a mistake..... <Just kidding, Sherry>

Robert