-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Randolph
Clark
Sent: 2007-01-09 04:52
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Ancestor Color coding

Robert,
In point #2 it should read: yellow for mother's mother.

On 1/9/07, Robert Carneal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You might have skipped a step. You turned on ancestor color-coding
correctly
> evidently, but let's try this:
> 1. Go to the person you want the color-coding to begin with. Normally,
this
> is you, but can be anyone.
> 2. By default, Legacy presets the colors as Blue for father's father,
Green
> for father's mother, Red for mother's father, and yellow for mother's
> father. If you like those colors, fine, do nothing in this step.
However,
if
> you do not like those colors, go to: Options >> Customize >> View tab,
and
> click on "Change" for Ancestor Color Coding. Select the colors you do
want,
> and save.
> 3. After you do that, one more step. Go back to Options >> Customize >>
View
> tab (where you were before), and check "Display custom generation line
> colors on screen."
>
> At this point, you should be able to go back as far as your database
goes.

> Note that if your GGGrandfather has a sister, she is probably uncolored.
She
> is not a direct line ancestor of yours, so the colors will not be seen.
> Similarly, your half sister or half brother will not have a color
applied
> them even if you have the same parent. They are not direct line
ancestors.
> My father's brother's children are not colored. They are not my
ancestors!

> Now, if I could just figure out a way to make my relationship errors
*blink*
> when I make a mistake..... <Just kidding, Sherry>
>
> Robert

Bender
> Sent: 2007-01-08 23:27
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Ancestor Color coding
>
> I have the ancestor color coding turned on and it seems to work for the
most
> part, but I just noticed that in following one line back, I get to the
3rd
> Great-grandparents and the color coding stops for one set of the 3rd
> great-grandparents. It works for the others.
> Is this a bug or do I have something set wrong?
> Thank you.
> Nancy

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features
at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

To unsubscribe please visit:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp