From: Alice McVearry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:58:31 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] U.S. County Verification

Hi Jill,

On the first point, I have not had a lot of luck changing the preposition from
"in" to "of" in the Master Location list and have gone back to "in."  There
just is no help for it.  It is generally understood that "of" means at some
time the person was located in or associated with the location preceded by the
word "of."

On the second point, there is indeed a place called Cherokee, Iowa, and
RootsWeb Townsearch confirms Cherokee, Iowa is in Cherokee County.  I didn't go
so far as to research when Cherokee County, Iowa was established.  -- Alice