Rob-

This is not an ideal answer, but it might be your most "workable" one. Consider what your highest number might be. Let's assume for this purpose it will be 45819 at the very, very most.

To get it to sort correctly, pad it. That number is five digits, so make sure each number is five digits long. Example using your names:

MS00001 - file name.tif
MS00002 - file name.tif
MS00003 - file name.tif
MS00100 - file name.tif
MS00200 - file name.tif
MS00300 - file name.tif
MS01000 - file name.tif
MS02000 - file name.tif
MS03000 - file name.tif

Longer filenames, granted, but it works. When that is sorted, it will appear in
the correct order. Will this work for you? Let us know.

Robert

Rob Miller wrote:
I have currently have the scans of my documents named in a manner similar to
below. Windows recognizes that 2 comes after 1, 3 after 2, etc. So all is
well.

MS1 - file name.tif
MS2 - file name.tif
MS3 - file name.tif
MS100 - file name.tif
MS200 - file name.tif
MS300 - file name.tif
MS1000 - file name.tif
MS2000 - file name.tif
MS3000 - file name.tif

However, when trying to attach a file/picture to a Master Source, Legacy lists
the files in this manner below. Trying to find the right one is a bit of a pain
when dealing with a great number of files.

MS1 - file name.tif
MS100 - file name.tif
MS1000 - file name.tif
MS2 - file name.tif
MS200 - file name.tif
MS2000 - file name.tif
MS3 - file name.tif
MS300 - file name.tif
MS3000 - file name.tif

Is there a way to tweak Legacy to get the Load Picture window to "sort Number
Portion numerically" like the File ID Assistant window does with File ID's?

Thanks!

Rob