To add zeros without doing a heap of reattaching, you'd need to change the filenames and then find them in Access and change them there as well.
There are batch filename renaming programs. Some are more complex than others.

Cathy.

At 10:25 AM 8/09/2007, you wrote:

Hey Robert:

Yeah, that will work, but unfortunately I am far enough into the mission,
I'm not really looking forward to having to change a whack of file names,
and then reattach them all back to their Master Source. I should have done
it a long time ago!

It may turn out to be the only way, but I was hoping there might be a "click
here" way around it (or someone from Legacy would say "Relax Rob! It's in
7.0!! LOL).

Thanks for your reply!

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Carneal USA
Sent: September 7, 2007 10:15 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Sort Number Portion Numerically?

Rob-

This is not an ideal answer, but it might be your most "workable" one.
Consider what your highest number might be. Let's assume for this purpose it
will be 45819 at the very, very most.

To get it to sort correctly, pad it. That number is five digits, so make
sure each number is five digits long. Example using your names:

MS00001 - file name.tif
MS00002 - file name.tif
MS00003 - file name.tif
MS00100 - file name.tif
MS00200 - file name.tif
MS00300 - file name.tif
MS01000 - file name.tif
MS02000 - file name.tif
MS03000 - file name.tif

Longer filenames, granted, but it works. When that is sorted, it will appear
in the correct order. Will this work for you? Let us know.

Robert