Rob:
This is not a Legacy problem.  It is a Windows / computer feature.
If you want the files to sort correctly you will need to use something like
this:

MS0001 - file name.tif
MS0010 - file name.tif
MS0100 - file name.tif
MS0002 - file name.tif
MS0020 - file name.tif
MS0200 - file name.tif
MS0003 - file name.tif
MS0030 - file name.tif

The trick is to use the same number of digits each time.  Your name scheme
basically uses a blank after the digit and that is why it gets sorted early.

Chap

On 9/7/07, Rob Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have currently have the scans of my documents named in a manner similar
> below. Windows recognizes that 2 comes after 1, 3 after 2, etc. So all is
> well.
>
> MS1 - file name.tif
> MS2 - file name.tif
> MS3 - file name.tif
> MS100 - file name.tif
> MS200 - file name.tif
> MS300 - file name.tif
> MS1000 - file name.tif
> MS2000 - file name.tif
> MS3000 - file name.tif
>
> However, when trying to attach a file/picture to a Master Source, Legacy
> lists the files in this manner below. Trying to find the right one is a
> bit
> of a pain when dealing with a great number of files.
>
> MS1 - file name.tif
> MS100 - file name.tif
> MS1000 - file name.tif
> MS2 - file name.tif
> MS200 - file name.tif
> MS2000 - file name.tif
> MS3 - file name.tif
> MS300 - file name.tif
> MS3000 - file name.tif
>
> Is there a way to tweak Legacy to get the Load Picture window to "sort
> Number Portion numerically" like the File ID Assistant window does with
> File
> ID's?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob