I list them as separate sources. As you have already noticed the information from each source can vary. The purpose of sources is to verify the accuracy of the information. For example. My g-grandfather Wm was a member of Liberty Church so Liberty Church is entered in as a Master Source. He is buried in Liberty Cemetery I learned this from an on-line source so I list the source of the information as the on-line repository. I then visited the cemetery and took pictures. I list myself as a primary source and use that to catalogue the pictures. If the pictures had come from the on-line site I would have used that as the source for the pictures. I have not yet used Liberty Church as a master source because to the best of my knowledge no one has found the old records from that church if there are any old records. But I keep the Church as a master source to indicate that I have checked in there.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kirstin Martinez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Sourcing Question...

What do people do when they have several different repositories for the same information. For example: I have Cemeteries & Churches list under one master list (yes, I'm a lumper). But some of the cemetery information is from on-line databases (with or without picture) & some is from me personally visiting the cemetery. I have been using the detail to differentiate, but is there a better way? What do other's do?

--
Kirstin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kirsten Bowman wrote:
Dawn:

Now *that's* a good reason.  When reading films ordered from the Canadian
National Archives or the FHL I've often wondered if different copies of the
same film could be better.  From what I've seen so far, though, there's
nothing in Mills about recording the film copy number in the source
citation. Maybe that's something to consider. Of course, I'm only on p. 50 of 'Evidence Explained' and it's a big book so perhaps she's already thought
of it.

Very interesting comment.  Thanks.

Kirsten