Hi Kirstin,

Well I don't lump to the extent that you do.

Different "publisher", different Master Source.
Repositories is a more troubling category I think. The same book or microfiche indexes or images etc can be found in many different repositories. Repositories usually contain heaps of different sources. So I don't normally make a Master Source for a Repository. I'm more interested in the origin of the book or microfiche or digital images, although where it/they can be viewed is also important.

Different database, different Master Source - unless there is something definite to link small databases.

For example I have a Master Source for the Dorset Online Parish Clerk website made up of transcriptions of parish registers, censuses etc for each town in Dorset, England. I also access Dorset parish registers in other ways (transcriptions on other sites, LDS films, photocopies kindly sent me by fellow genealogists from the Dorset Record Office ...)

Cathy