> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 09:46:53 +0000
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] QUESTION ON RTF REPORT FORMATTING
>
> Valerie Garton wrote
>>Can these be used to copy to MS Works Database [ simple version of MS
>>Access]
>
> I think you need to disabuse yourself of the idea that MS Works Database
> is a "simple version of MS Access." The two are very different
> creatures and most of what you can do with a Legacy file in Access could
> not be done in Works.
>
> To put it very briefly and simply, Works has all the data in one table,
> whereas Access has separate tables for each type of data and the tables
> are linked to each by reference numbers. For all but the very simplest
> of queries, you need to look in 2 or more linked tables to get the
> information you want to extract. (Which is what Legacy does when you
> use its Search function.) You just couldn't do it in Works.
> --
> Jenny M Benson

Jenny,

Whilst agreeing with the above, IIRC one could use the Word Processing aspect
of Works using "Import" to get the rtf in and then edit the text. I abandoned
Works a long time ago but I am pretty sure that, like Word Pad, it will not
import the pictures and they will need to be entered again. One may also
corrupt the Index, which I suspect Works cannot correct.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

100’s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk