Mike

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michele
Lewis
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 5:11 PM
To: legacy E-Mail List
Subject: [LegacyUG] Surnames in all caps?

I am watching the videos again just for fun.  It says that you should NOT
type in the surnames in all caps but if you want to display them in all caps
all you do is check the box for that under the preferences tab.  I
understand that perfectly HOWEVER, when I was using FTM, I did type in the
surnames in all caps so when I imported the file to Legacy it kept that
formatting.  How do I know?  I turned off the display in all caps in the
preferences and all my surnames are still in all caps.  Is there anyway to
fix this?  I tried to manually change one name just to see if it would let
me but because of the auto entry it retypes it in all caps because that is
how that nam was entered in the first place (I wouldn't want to change them
one by one anyway).  Is there some way to fix this so that the surnames are
not in all caps and then I can tell the program to display them in all caps.

I hope that all made sense.

michele

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et