Although I have sympathy with Gail in wanting the source Detail to be relational as well so there is only one copy of the specific detail and every use links to that, I have learnt to live with the database as it is.

You can correct typos etc in a specific source detail by using the Search and Replace on just the right part of the Source/Citation Detail or Text.

So long as you carefully enter as the search phrase a unique section of detail that includes the error and choose to just replace the found text, all sorts of errors are quickly corrected. No need to find each individual person. I do it all too often.

It is harder when the error is less easily uniquely identified in the search phrase.

Cathy