To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Criteria you use to add an individual to Legacy?

Hehe, I guess my file is extreemely suspect. Yes I do have thousands in my family file.
Everybody in it is not related to me, but a great majority is.

We all start differently and do this genealogy stuff different. Is one better than another,
not in my eyes we have different wishes or goals or wants I guess.

I started out with a family book, wanting to see how I was related to different people in it, and later decided I would try to find my ancestors. The problem was I started with one community to discover poeple married back and forth between all the neighbouring communities.

Seeing most of these communities had what we call bygdebooks(farm and family books) I decided to enter them all into my file. Poeple I lost in one were refound in another. Of course there are errors in them as it might be in my file, because I write a date wrong or something else. When it comes to my own family I check censues and churchbooks and what I can find. I also do some of it when people ask me for help, so by time more and more gets better researched. Of course they aren't all researched, but
as time goes by more and more are.

Some says I am just collecting names, I would rather say I am collecting connections. These people lived on farms, suddenly some of those might connect to my family, or if not they might connect to yours.

I have helped lot of people finding their ancestor by the fact that I did enter all the bygdebooks, sometimes there are related to me, but other times not. So shame on me for having so many people in my files,
and making it possible to help others <Smile>

Anne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Herson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>