Check the RIN for the "unlinked" ones and for the ones that are showing up as relatives. I'd guess the person is in your database twice - once linked and once unlinked.

And/or you might want to look at the NAME LIST or INDEX to see if they are listed twice - but the names might not be exactly where you expect (maybe a stray SPACE character or something).

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hope Bagot Bees" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] how to record unconnected families - ? Unlinked people

I've just done this and found six individuals. However, one man is listed as a 8th great-granduncle and a woman as a 7th great-grandaunt - so how can they be unlinked? I can't find, looking at descendant and pedigree charts for them that they are linked. Is this a bug?

ronald ferguson wrote:
Valerie,

Not really, although the trees with only the number 1 against them are unlinked. The proper way is also easy Serch>Find>Miscellaneous Searches and check the radio button for unlinked individuals.

Ron Ferguson.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Blog: Create Your Web Pages
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/