-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave
Naylor
Sent: Monday, 21 January 2008 6:36 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] how to record unconnected families

On 20 Jan 2008  Arnold Sprague wrote:

> Over the years, I have just plopped all my individuals into a single
> .fbd file. If I had a change of heart and wanted to separate all the
> unconnected individuals into a new .fbd file, is there a way I can
> find them?

Click on View > Tree Finder > Refresh.  This will cause Legacy to
count the individuals in *every* separate tree in your database.

You can then chose to tag all the individuals in one or more tree(s).
 These can then be exported to a new family file for reporting or
other temporary use.  Obviously they can also be exported to a gedcom
if you need to send a tree to someone else.

I keep everything in one file where all updating is performed, but I
often generate a subset of individuals into a temporary file for
specific reporting or web page creation.  As soon as that task is
completed the temporary file is deleted.

Cheers, -- Dave N
--
  David Naylor, Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada.
---