-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hope Bagot
Bees
Sent: Friday, 29 February 2008 7:09 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Search problem & More on Sources

I would simplify the search into three categories:  (1) search for
deaths after 1857.  If you get a list drawn up, then search criteria (2)
and if successful, then add (3).

Just a thought - are you sure that all the individuals in your records
have a 'Death Place' included and does it include the word 'England' or
just SSX or SRY?   As the vast majority of my individuals are in Great
Britain, I haven't bothered to put England in anywhere, although I do
try to put Scotland, Ireland, Wales or IOM.  I'm afraid I hate the
recommended version which includes seemingly endless commas in some
cases, particularly the earlier you go back in time when you may only
have a village name and county.  My view is that this is for my family
and my descendants and if all 'eyes' are dotted and 'tees' are crossed,
there will be nothing for any descendant to do for themselves!

Whilst on this subject, and at the risk of being shouted at I don't fill
in absolutely every detail for sources.  If I found someone at a certain
address in the 1851 census I shall say just that, e.g. - source 1851
census for Isle of Man at such-and-such an address.  No more is needed
as far as I am concerned - I have a printout of the page from the census
and that has the actual page numbers etc.  Why is more needed for a
family document?  You may say that if it is to be published it is only
right to include all detail, but having seen some of the mis-information
that appears in Ancestral Files on the LDS site, I can only think that
the more double-checking one has to make, the better.

I'll now sit back and wait for the backlash . . . . !
Elizabeth