Gary wrote: "......Forcing that researcher to spend time and money obtain their own copy of every document I have located over decades of searching does nothing to extend the lines....."

Gary I agree with all you have said. I should have mentioned that I was not into pure genealogy - just the self-designated keeper of the family history. However I feel that the information I have given in my sources will easily the info to be checked by anyone else if they don't feel comfortable with accepting what they read. Any images I have obtained can also be viewed via my database and in hard copy files. These include burial/cremation documentation, birth, death, marriage certificates, census documents and others such as mining leases, land purchases, letters, etc.

Whilst my methods would not suit the pure genealogist, I am comfortable with having left easy to follow links to sources for anyone coming along after me. Had I studied and followed all the "correct" methods of recording sources, I'd still be wading around somewhere in the early long ago's.

Also I think we are truly selling our descendants rather short by underestimating their ability to pick up where we have left off. If we are managing, I'm sure they will be more than capable of doing so, especially with the advances in electronic technology.

Maureen