Hi Wayne,

"As suggested by this wonderful group maybe putting something on the internet would require the least handholding. The only real reason that I haven't started down that path is that I haven't researched the different options and costs for the different internet providers. Any suggestions on who to use here in the USA and how much space I might need."

Rootsweb is my recommendation, for anywhere in the world you might be.

You can upload (ie, transfer from your computer to theirs) a GEDCOM file to their WorldConnect area (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/), or you can create your own web pages and upload them to the FreePages area (http://accounts.rootsweb.com/). I do the second (see the link in my signature), and there is great support for it at Rootsweb, too, in the shape of a list like this one where your peers can help you find the answers to your questions.

With FreePages you can use Legacy to create pages as we discussed before, or you can create your own pages using whatever web page building tools you have available, or you can do both.

Both of these services at Rootsweb are free.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
--