Thank-you. I had set that right as I said in my original posting. However, I found something else: My family file under Local Settings/Temp. And for some reason Legacy Charting searched, found and opened that under C-drive in the list of files, but did not show the family file in its usual location under Legacy/Data. So I was working with the wrong file. I have no idea how it ended up in a Temp folder and wonder if this is something created by Legacy Charting the first time I opened it last week? Is anyone else finding their family file in a strange location?

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

John Magyari wrote:
Check settings in 2 locations

1) Help & Options -> General ->   Then check suppress options
2) Home -> Privacy Options ->   Then check suppress options

john

I'm a little behind the times here, just getting into the new Legacy Charting today. It's wonderful but I'm having a problem getting rid of ex-spouses whose like-ability factor went downhill some time ago and would not be wanted on a wall for regular viewing. I have the Privacy Options set to exclude Private persons and have marked the offensive persons as Private in Legacy, rebooted the computer and all that and damn, they're still there. Any known cure?