Mary Figgins wrote
My family is descended from a first marriage for a man and their family is descended from the first marriage for the wife. What is needed is a chart that shows the marriage and then lists, in chart format, everyone in between.   Legacy can not pick this up because there is no common ancestor.  I can think of several instances when this would have been helpful in just understanding the relationship between people.   It can't show the relationship between me and my husband's cousin because we have no common ancestor.

I would have thought, to take your example, it would be quite adequate to do the Relationship Calculator for your husband and his cousin and point out that you are married to your husband!

I am often contacted by people who are connected in some way to a person who married a relative of mine(1), such as the great great grandson of someone whose sibling married my great grandaunt's husband! If they couldn't fathom out the exact connection I would just say (or show) my relationship to my great grandaunt and say "you and I are not directly related by her husband and your great great grandmother were siblings."

(1) Such a pity it's so often that sort of loose connection and so rarely an actual relative of mine!

--
Jenny M Benson