> Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:14:07 +0100
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Importing From Ancestry.com
>
> ronald ferguson wrote
>>
>>The odds are that Legacy is Looking for the Gedcom in your Legacy/Data
>>file. When the lisy comes up with your Gedcoms on it (or not) have a
>>look at the box at the top, it probably sats "Data". Click the folder
>>with the "up arrow" on it until you reach "My Computer" and use the
>>plus signs to open up the trees until you reach "My Documents",
>>Highlight it and click "Open"
>
> When using the Import Wizard you don't get the usual "Look in" option,
> it searches through all the folders on your computer automatically and
> there is no option to select a particular folder.
>
> I did think of suggesting the OP used the Import from... Gedcom file...
> option, but thought that as they had chosen to use the Import Wizard
> perhaps they would not be comfortable with the do-it-yourself approach.
> --
> Jenny M Benson

Jenny,

I have no doubt that it is the case when using the Import Wizard, but I don't
use it. If one selects File>Import and then any of the other options it goes to
the Data File.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
Welcome to the next generation of Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live