ronald ferguson wrote:

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:14:07 +0100
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Importing From Ancestry.com

ronald ferguson wrote
The odds are that Legacy is Looking for the Gedcom in your Legacy/Data
file. When the lisy comes up with your Gedcoms on it (or not) have a
look at the box at the top, it probably sats "Data". Click the folder
with the "up arrow" on it until you reach "My Computer" and use the
plus signs to open up the trees until you reach "My Documents",
Highlight it and click "Open"
When using the Import Wizard you don't get the usual "Look in" option,
it searches through all the folders on your computer automatically and
there is no option to select a particular folder.

I did think of suggesting the OP used the Import from... Gedcom file...
option, but thought that as they had chosen to use the Import Wizard
perhaps they would not be comfortable with the do-it-yourself approach.
--
Jenny M Benson

Jenny,

I have no doubt that it is the case when using the Import Wizard, but I don't use
it. If one selects File>Import and then any of the other options it goes to the
Data File.

Ron Ferguson

I just tried a test of the import wizard and it is broken in the latest release. It found only one gedcom located in my program files/Mudcreek folder, even though I have a number of them in various folders under My Documents.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs