This is my experience: All dates entered in the Individual information screen will be a consistent format which you can choose under Customize/Dates. If you haven't chosen anything it will be doing something anyway by default. You can change the format on all of them at the click of a button. Dates entered in the Source Detail box, for instance, will be whatever you've entered. They don't adjust automatically as above. I, too, was inconsistent in this one case and changed them all manually. I was able to shorten the process somewhat by finding dates that repeated in many places and using Search & Replace to change them. For example April 29, 2008 changed to 29 April 2008.

I must be missing something in your question as you suggest that the CSV export somehow overrides what Legacy has done to make your dates consistent.
--
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists

Kris wrote:
I've been lazy entering my dates and never gave it a second thought since Legacy formats them so beautifully for me. However, I realize now the error of my ways since I exported to a CSV file and my dates are a mess -- an accurate mess, but a mess.

Since the dates were exported in the same way as they were entered, i.e., MM/DD/YYYY or DD Mon YYYY, whatever felt right at the time, apparently, I have several different date formats in my CSV file and the spreadsheet I'm importing it to is giving me dirty looks.

Is there any easy way to fix this? Or do I just need to go back, fix them all, and strive for consistency in the future?

Thanks!