This CSV file you're talking about: Is it generated by Legacy and therefore based on your date settings there? I don't think it's possible to get a csv output in some other format than what Legacy is set for. So I'm trying to imagine what else is going on there. I"ve tried entering dates in different formats, watching Legacy correct them and then looking for a 'mess' in a csv file. There just isn't one.
--
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists

Kris wrote:
Thank you to everyone who responded, but once again, I apparently was not clear.

I have Legacy set to display dates as "29 Nov 1847." I can enter "11/29/1847" and it will format the date as per my settings, i.e., "29 Nov 1847." However, the date is apparently stored as "11/29/1847"in Access and in the CSV file it is displayed as "11/29/1847."

Because I have been inconsistent in my data entry, since no matter how I entered it the date was displayed as per my options, I have a mess of different formats in the CSV file, i.e., "24 June 1843", "02/04/1947", "February 23 1845."

I'm using OOo's Calc, not Excel, and it isn't having any problem with the years -- they are displayed as I entered them originally.