Hi, Ron --

You aren't dense at all. As a matter of fact, you've hit the exact point. That *is* the way I actually entered the dates -- i.e., 11/24/1988. CSV didn't change anything -- and neither did Legacy. The *view* in Legacy is according to the Customize > Dates option. I enter "11/24/1988" in the Legacy field, hit tab, and the view in that field is changed to "24 Nov 1988" per my options.

My question was, since I've entered the dates in so many different ways, I now have, basically, garbage for dates in my CSV file. Trying to change the format in those cells creates even more of a mess. The "11/24/1988" is okay -- but "Nov 1988" or "1788-1794" isn't.

It really isn't that important and I'm not going to mess with it anymore. What I'm really using at this point in the CSV is the RIN and the name. I wanted the dates to help identify people with the same names, and wanted to find out if there was a quick fix for the dates for future reference in case I wanted to use them in a CSV in the future.

Kris